Monday, August 24, 2015

It's Beginning to Look a Little Like Christmas!

It's beginning to look a little like Christmas...if you're a crafter that is!

Stampin' Up's Holiday catalog goes live for customers on September 1.  As a demonstrator, I was able to order at the beginning of August.  And unfortunately for my check book, order I did!  This catalog is amazing!  There are so many wonderful products.  I felt inspired.

I am really making all my Christmas cards this year!  There it is, I've said it.  I've never done this before.  I maybe even attempted to make them all last year?  I made a few, but not all.  I love Christmas and I love getting Christmas cards in the mail (even if they're not handmade).  So, to make about 100 cards, I need to get started now.  I mean, a little bit at a time seems to be a good idea.  As I'll still be making other cards over the next few months too.

And just a note, all the products used are from Stampin' Up!  Why?  They are really the best, everything coordinates, and I just like them.  If you want to shop online, you can: audramonk.stampinup.net. If you want a catalog, let me know.

Here are my first designs:





This Jolly card has some back story.  I had not made a card with this technique before.  I watched a quick tutorial by Brian King, but really the key is 3/4" strips and making a "T" and alternating the direction of the strips.  He has a video, but I'm thinking I might give a go at making one myself.  If I do, I'll come back and add it here.


This is what the strips look like coming together.  I really had fun with this part.
****Video is now here!****



I hope you enjoyed it and that you now can make lots of cards (for all seasons even) using this technique.


And this is what it looks like when you take all your card "parts"  out of town with you.  You chill at the Starbucks for awhile and put them together.

Well, thanks for checking in.  If you need more info on anything, let me know.
Stay Crafty!








No comments:

Post a Comment