Thursday, October 19, 2017

Grateful Sampler Framed Art

It's time for my monthly sampler framed art class! I crutched over to the Crafty Corner yesterday with lots of ideas swirling around in my head. And I'm pretty happy with the result. I wanted a project for display in November, that was soft and beautiful. I really felt like honoring our beautiful earth and was wanting my gratefulness for all things to gently shine.


I've had the idea of using the Large Letter Framelits to spell grateful as the feature of of the piece for awhile. But I was a little worried about how to make it work due to the size of the word. So, like normal for this type of project I get out my notebook to plan it out. 



I'm recovering from a knee surgery, so I knew I wasn't going to spend a lot of time in the studio and fortunately things worked out. I'll give measurements first and then products used with close up pictures of each square.

The frame is a 9" x 9" Ribba shadowbox frame from Ikea.
The base is the Kraft paper from the Merry Little Christmas 12" x 12" Cardstock Pack, cut to 9" x 9".

The pieces are all using Very Vanilla, and all the edges are sponged with Crumb Cake Ink. 
There are 2 squares, 2" x 2" and backed by a piece cut 2" x 2 1/4".
The center top piece is 2" x 3 3/4" backed by 2 1/4" x 3 3/4".
The center piece is 2 1/4" x 8".
The leaf piece is 2"x 4 1/2" backed by 2 1/4" x 4 1/2".
The gourd piece is 2" x 3 1/4" backed by 2 1/4" x 3 1/4".


This adorable leaf (seen many times before in my projects) is Cajun Craze card stock die-cut with the Seasonal Layers Thinlits. Did you notice the lovely stamping in the background? It's the viney stamp from the Falling Flowers stamp set, stamped in Crumb Cake ink.


The top center panel is Lovely as a Tree, stamped in Versa Mark and embossed in Copper, and sponged using sponge daubers with Garden Green, Crushed Curry, and Pumpkin Pie.
The flower is Copper Foil paper die-cut with a die from the May Flowers Framelits.


The center panel is stamped with the sunflowers from the Painted Harvest stamp set. I used Soft Saffron and stamped off Crushed Curry for the petals and stamped off Soft Suede for the centers. The letters are from the Letters for You stamp set and they are stamped in Cajun Craze and die-cut with the Large Letters Framelits.


I stamped the Vintage Leaves in Versa Mark and embossed in Copper. I sponged them in Cajun Craze, Garden Green and Crushed Curry, then die-cut them with the Leaflets Framelits. I used the Jute Twine from the Holiday catalog for the knot and a few unraveled bits between the leaves.


Last up are the gourds from Gourd Goodness. They are stamped in Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Garden Green and fussy cut with our super awesome Paper Snips. And that's a little piece of a Delicate White Doily peeking out at the bottom.

And here is the project once more, in it's frame.


Thanks so much for checking out this post. I wish you many fun sampler projects! If you have questions, let me know and I'll help you out the best I can.
Stay Crafty!








No comments:

Post a Comment