Wednesday, August 1, 2018

A Color Challenge, A Marbled Background, it's an ICS Blog Hop

Hi Crafty Friends!
Welcome to August and to the ICS Blog Hop. This month we are doing a color challenge!


Take a look at the colors in the challenge:

All strong, beautiful colors. When I saw them, my mind was immediately drawn to the Tropical Escape bundle. OK, I'll admit I've been using it a lot. But it's summer in the US and the stamp set and framelits are so wonderful. I decided to add in the Marbled Background stamp. 


It's bold and beautiful, I think. And perfect for a summer birthday card. The sentiment is from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set. To get the different colors in the background, I used sponge daubers to dab the ink onto the Marbled stamp. And if you're thinking, "where did those stitched framelits come from?" I'll tell you! They're from a new limited addition set called Blended Seasons. And it's only available for the month of August (or while supplies last).


It's such a great set. And I'll admit, I'm using the framelits on everything!

Thanks so much for checking out my project today! For more color inspiration, click HERE or the button below to see what Debbi has to share.


I always glad to share crafty inspiration with you. Have questions? Need help ordering? Just ask.
Stay Crafty!
Audra

14 comments:

  1. The background is beautiful and your layers work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought these colors were so tropical, even without any green?! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with this combination Audra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love our marbled background - great design idea for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love this card! I couldn't figure out which background paper you used then I noticed the marbled stamp!!! How awesome that looks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Joni! I'm such a lover of DSP, I decided to challenge myself not to use it. =)

      Delete
  6. That is gorgeous! I love how you've combined the different products.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the use of the tropical stamp set for this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I need to check if I have that background stamp!

    ReplyDelete