Sunday, September 8, 2019

Notebook Covers with Non Pocket Folders

Hi Crafty Friends!
It's all about using folders today. A bit random, I know. I'll explain just a little but the video has all the details. So, a bunch of people decided to join my Stampin' Up team (such an excellent decision!) and I was looking for a cool handmade gift to give them. I saw another demo friend with one of these cute notebook covers. She was given it by her up line, so I asked her how she made it, and she sent me a link. I followed a tutorial by Charity Wright, Stampin' with Love. Charity (who I don't know) did a great job. So short of it is, I decided to see if I could make something similar using a file folder, as I had some from the last On Stage event I attended.



Isn't it so cute? 
Here are the basic measurements, note that some things will vary depending on the size of your file folders. There is definitely a bit of experimentation required. The video will give more details.

To create the pockets of the notebook holder, cut the folder 2 3/4 inches from the fold line.
With it folded on the line, cut the folder to 8 inches (or leave the decorative top like this one).
Open the folder and cut it to 11 1/4 inches.
From the left with the inside facing you, score at 5 1/2 and 5 7/8.

Check out the video for all the info:




I got the mini legal pads from Amazon. I made up all the folders I had, it's quite fun really.


Here's the project with the pocket folders.


I've also figured out a way to make the notebook covers with 8 1/2 x 11 card stock. It uses two pieces. So, look for that post coming soon.

The card stock cover post is up! Click HERE to see it.

Stay Crafty!
Audra






4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the card stock instructions. What a great way to use up some DSP I've been hoarding/collecting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Martha, thanks for commenting. I've just added the link to this blog post. And here it is for you, https://thecraftyyogi.blogspot.com/2019/09/mini-legal-pad-folder-covers-with-video.html It is a great way to use up a DSP collection. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of the card bank. Also liked the cards you made so thanks for the inspiration!! Check the following legal size folders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks lot for the informative post. Learn more about Photo Presentation folders

    ReplyDelete