Friday, May 26, 2017

Lift Me Up Framed Art Sampler

Hi Crafty Friends!

I am so excited to share my second framed art sampler. I've started a monthly class where we get together to make a seasonal sampler. I'm enjoying stretching my creative energies to some home decor projects.

This month, May, we're on the cusp of summer and I thought it would be fun to play with the lift me up bundle. Many years ago, for one of our anniversaries, my husband and I went for a hot air balloon ride. It was magical! It feels like you're floating...which, I guess you are. If you have the chance, you should do it!

And my next biggest inspiration was the retiring Cupcakes and Carousel Designer Paper Stack (which is marked down and available till May 31, as supplies last). I've also used the Cupcakes and Carousels Embellishment kit.

The paper is so beautiful, a bit vintage, and the colors...

Listen to this list of colors: So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay, Peekaboo Peach, Early Expresso, and Very Vanilla. All so lovely and cheery.

For basic measurements, you can check out this Blog Post. For this project, I added an extra layer of DSP, 1/4" bigger to each square. If you need more info than that, just let me know and I'd be happy to help.

Now, let me share all the beautiful pictures, enjoy.








And here's what the project looks like framed:


I just love it when I can make something that makes me happy. and to let you know, it wasn't all that easy. The ideas had been rattling around in my head for awhile but on my work day, it was a bit of work. The cool thing about a sampler is you can focus on each small section and then how they go together. Anyhow, I'm pleased. I hope I've inspired you to create something similar! 

I do have a limited number of to go kits available for this project for $20 (no frame, add frame for $10 more) plus shipping. The kits include all of the paper and embellishments, but not the stamps, ink, or adhesives (however these can be added). 

Stay Crafty!






1 comment:

  1. Love it! Thanks for the fun class last night. And for all the work you did for preparing for the class. Love the great framed art sampler. It's even better looking in person!!!

    ReplyDelete