Sunday, June 25, 2017

Red, White, and Blue Framed Art




I'm really getting to like my monthly sampler framed art classes. It's fun to have a theme and then dive into the Stampin' Up catalog and plan out the project. I am particularly happy with this month's project. Last weekend my husband and I were taking our son to Lenox, MA to drop him off for a two week percussion seminar. I used some of the car riding time to sketch out my design. Then the most exciting part is when I sat down a week later, it worked!


Measurements in inches:
Whisper White base, 9 x 9
Night of Navy base, 8 1/2 x 8 1/2
Long panels: Whisper White, 2 x 4 1/2, Real Red, 2 1/4 x 4 3/4, Whisper White, 2 3/8 x 4 5/8
Square panels: Whisper White, 2 x 2, Real Red, 2 1/4 x 2 1/4, Whisper White, 2 3/8 x 2 3/8

Ink:
Real Red, Night of Navy, Archival Black, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, and Crumb Cake

The theme for this month is red, white, and blue. So thinking Americana, my number one set in mind was Bike Ride (which on a fun note, was my Prize Patrol prize from the April On Stage event) and it's matching Build a Bike Framelits Dies. I mean, how cute is this bike? The basket of apples is from the same set.


Next up are some very cute kites using the Swirly Bird stamp set. I cased this layout from the sample in the SU catalog. The kites and bows did need to be fussy cut, as the coordinating Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies, coordinate, but don't cut out these elements. I used the dies and the dot stamp to add some atmosphere to this panel.


I used the Letters for You (love these!) and their matching framelits for the letters. The fireworks behind the letters are from the super fun host set called In the City. The Yay! stamp comes from the Celebration Time stamp set and the Adirondack chair and the cute little cup are from Colorful Seasons and the Seasonal Layers Thinlits.


I'm excited to share the project with my crafty friends in class next week. 
Here it is all framed up. I use the RIBBA 9 x 9 frames from Ikea.


And when you spend a bit of time creating, sometimes you end up with a creative mess!



Haha! Not too bad really.
Thank you so much for stopping by! And good luck creating your own.
Stay Crafty!

Look for me on Facebook and YouTube, The Crafty Yogi










2 comments:

  1. I love love love this! Can't wait to make it in your class this week.�� You truly are amazing with your creativity and talent.

    ReplyDelete