Thursday, October 17, 2019

A Thankful Fall Sampler

Hi Crafty Friends!
I love Fall! I love the cooler days, (don't you just love when you can wear a soft hoodie?) and the colors of the leaves, and everything pumpkin. I channeled all of that love into this month's sampler.



This sampler gives me such a warm feel good feeling. Although I'm kinda thinking I should switch the the leaf and center pumpkin? Anyhow, let's start with some measurements.

Measurements in inches:
Whisper White, 9 x 9
Cajun Craze, 8 1/2 x 8 1/2
Mango Melody, 8 1/4 x 8 1/4
Early Espresso, 8 x 8
Large rectangle: Come to Gather DSP, 2 x 7, Mango Melody, 2 1/4 x 7 1/4, Cajun Craze, 2 3/8 x 7 3/8
Small rectangles: DSP, 2 x 4 1/2, Mango Melody, 2 1/4 x 4 3/4, Cajun Craze, 2 3/8 x 4 5/8
Squares: DSP, 2 x 2, Mango Melody, 2 1/4 x 2 1/4, Cajun Craze, 2 3/8 x 2 3/8
I frame the project with a Belmont 9 x 9 Shadow Box frame from Michael's.


Let's take a closer look at the sections.


This truck, my friends, this truck! I love it. You might remember that I used it in my USA sampler. The stamp set is called Ride with Me, it's in the Annual catalog. Here I colored it with our Stampin' Blends in Pretty Peacock. The pumpkins are colored in Pumpkin Pie and the leaves in Mint Macron. 


I am so getting my money's worth out of this Harvest Hellos bundle. For this project, I stamped the pumpkins in Momento Black ink on the DSP. Stamp two of each, then fold one in half and run a small line of Tombo Liquid Glue down the fold and attach to the other pumpkin. Add the stem in Early Espresso to the back with a Mini Glue Dot.


I had so much fun and I am very happy with the results on coloring this big leaf from the Gather Together stamp set. I colored it with Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, and Mango Melody Stampin' Blends, using both the light and dark markers to get some shading. The center square has another DSP pumpkin, or as in the below pic, you could use a turkey from the Day of Thanks set. I googled turkey images to help with the coloring. I used the same colors as in the leaf.



For the bottom panel, I cut out the letters in Pretty Peacock card stock using the Hand Lettered Prose dies. I attached them with Mini Glue Dots, sometimes you need to fold the glue dots in half. The pumpkins are from the Gather Together set.

I'm hosting the in studio class on Wednesday October 23 at 7pm. See all the info and rsvp under events on my website (you can shop here too!) or Facebook page. You can also email me at audramonk@yahoo.com.

I am so thankful for you stopping by my blog today.
Happy Crafting!
Audra








4 comments:

  1. Audra, Thank you so much for inspiring me with your beautiful framed art piece!! I've made one very similar to yours but branched out to add some ideas of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite because of the wonderful colors. I have those stamps so can't wait to get started. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete