Sunday, May 24, 2015

A Wedding Gift

A good friend of mine's oldest daughter got married yesterday.  I saw a few pictures on Facebook and it looked lovely.  I've met the daughter just a couple of times, but I really wanted to send them a small gift in honor of the occasion.  Truth be told, I think I was looking for a reason to make some monogram cards with the Sophisticated Serifs stamp set from the Occasions catalog, and who else would enjoy some monogram cards more than a new bride?


Here is the card in their wedding colors.  Nigh of Navy and Blushing Bride.

As I was making the cards, I thought, "Well, I need something to put them in!"  So I decided on a pizza box!  It's made big enough to comfortably hold 8 cards and envelopes.





Isn't it the nicest little box?  It uses a pice of card stock 7 3/4 inches X 12 inches.  Here is a pic with the scoring marks.  It's basically one inch added to each side of the size you need.  I wanted my box to be 5 3/4 X 4 1/2, to hold the standard 5 1/2 X 4 1/4 card.


It all worked out well I think!  So I'm sending them out in the mail this week.  But of course, all nice gifts should come with a card!  This might be the part I am most pleased with!


I am still having fun with the stamping with the embossing folder technique.  Here I used the Lovely Lace embossing folder.  I colored it up just a bit with Night of Navy and Blushing Bride markers, spritzed it with water and used watercolor paper to "stamp" the image.  Once I dried it with my heat tool, I stamped the greeting from the For the New Two stamp set in Momento Black ink.

I hope that you have enjoyed my project today.  If you have any questions, use the comment box to let me know.  Stay crafty!






No comments:

Post a Comment