Friday, May 22, 2015

New Catalog Preview (1)

So a really cool thing about being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator is that you get to buy some of the new catalog products about one month early.  As most of you are probably a lover of the awesome Stampin' Up! products, I'm guessing that you get excited about new craft items too.  So be prepared, the new catalog goes live on June 2!

I've titled this post New Catalog Preview (1) in the hopes of posting a few more fun things in the next week.

Today I'm sharing a birthday card featuring the new Build a Birthday stamp set.  It's super cute and super easy to use.  I'm sending this card to my upline, which is a bit intimidating, as she's so crafty. But I do think she'll like it.  And I think if you craft with your heart people will appreciate it.



Isn't this so bright and cheerful?  And with a change up of background colors, I think it could be a great unisex card to keep in your stash.  I stamped the cake plate, layer, and flags on a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I used two new in colors here, Cucumber Crush and Watermelon Wonder, both so bright and wonderful.  I also used the 2014-2016 in color Tangelo Twist and the top layer is Daffodil Delight.  Next, I took a pice of vellum paper cut to the same size and stamped the words in VersaMark ink, then embossed them in silver.


Which strangely looks like gold here!  It must have been the lighting?  But you could use gold too.  Anyway, I thought embossing would help the words show up a bit brighter and they could coordinate with the 1/8" ribbon which comes in silver or gold.  I punched two holes with our 1/8" circle punch.  I think I need to practice up on my bow tying, but in general I think it came out OK.

I used the Crazy about You stamp set for the Happy and To You words.

I backed the image with a pice of fun DSP from the new Cherry on Top DSP paper stack.

All in all, a cute and pretty fun card to make and send.  Here's another look at the card.


Thanks for visiting!  Stay crafty!





No comments:

Post a Comment