Friday, July 12, 2019

A Summertime Sampler

Hi Crafty Friends!
It is time to celebrate Summer, and I am looking forward to spending a week with our family at the beach soon. I was totally inspired by the east coast beaches that I love in the creation of this project.



Measurements in inches:
Whisper White, 9 x 9
Bermuda Bay, 8 1/2 x 8 1/2
Pineapple Punch, 8 1/8 x 8 1/8
Sahara Sand, 8 x 8

Long rectangle: Sahara Sand, 2 x 2 (tear into strips), Whisper White, 2 1/4 x 7 1/2, Granny Apple Green, 2 3/8 x 7 5/8
Medium rectangle: Whisper White, 2 x 4 1/2, Sahara Sand, 2 1/4 x 4 3/4, Costal Cabana, 2 3/8 x 7 5/8
4 squares: Whisper White, 2 x 2, Sahara Sand, 2 1/4 x 2 1/4, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay, and Pineapple Punch, 2 3/8 x 2 3/8

I put the project in a 9 x 9 Belmont shadow box frame from Michael's Craft Store.


Stamp sets used: Sailing Home, and Colorful Seasons, and the sand is from Seaside Notions. The sand is stamped in Sahara Sand, the birds and lighthouse in Soft Suede, and the sea grass in Crumb Cake.


I used Colorful Seasons (the Stamparatus is a lifesaver here!) and Seaside Notions. The Calypso Coral star is from the Under the Seas dies.


This part might be my favorite. I love the shells from Seaside Notions, we don't often find full shells on our east coast beaches now, but we love them in our decorating, I stamped them on Shimmery White with Sahara Sand and then gave them a quick color with our Blender Pens using the ink from the top of the ink pads. I used Pineapple Punch, Calypso Coral, and Coastal Cabana.


I used the retired Large Letters dies for the letters. I've accented the whole piece with the Iridescent Sequin Assortment.

I hope you feel a bit inspired to enjoy some beachy decor, and that you can create some yourself.


If you'd like to purchase some of our lovely stamp sets or paper, you can do so at my online shop: audramonk.stampinup.net.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.
Happy Crafting!
Audra








No comments:

Post a Comment