Monday, January 7, 2019

A Winter Sampler

Hi Crafty Fiends!
I'm a little late in getting this Framed Art Sampler posted, and I'm super sorry about it. But better late than never! So, I apologize in advance that some of the products aren't available any more, but fortunately, lots of these holiday products carried over.
I know there are also lots of good things that you could substitute so I'll mention them too. Remember, you can get as creative as you want! 



This project came about because of the Spring sampler we made earlier in the year. I decided we needed to make one for each season, similar but different so that I could hang them in my foyer. I am so happy that I did. I love them!


It makes me happy to look at them when I enter and exit the house. 

Let's start with the measurements:

Whisper White, 9" x 9"
Balmy Blue, 8 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Smoky Slate 8" x 8"
Long Rectangle: 
Whisper White, 2" x 7 1/8", Balmy Blue, 2 1/4" x 7 3/8", Whisper White, 2 3/8" x 7 1/2"
Medium Rectangle:
Whisper White, 2" x 4 1/2" and 1/2" x 4 1/2", Balmy Blue, 2 1/4" x 4 3/4", Whisper White, 2 3/8" x 4 7/8"
Squares:
Whisper White, 2" x 2", Balmy Blue, 2 1/4" x 2 1/4", Whisper White, 2 3/8" x 2 3/8"


I embossed the Whisper White pieces with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder and some with the Swirls and Curls Embossing Folder (it carried over, #147923 The ski's are from the Alpine Adventure set, it's retired, I think you could die cut some of the bare trees out from the In the Woods Framelits (it carried over!! The dies are #147919, you should totally order them and the stamp set, #147661, that's where the pretty tree came from, I'll show you more in a sec) in Early Espresso or Smoky Slate.


The snowflakes are from the Snowflake Showcase, which was a limited edition set. We have a few other snowflake dies you could use, such as the ones in the Seasonal Layers Thinlits. This sweet owl from the Still Night bundle, retired. But I'm thinking you could use the branch from the Seasonal Layers set.




This is my favorite panel. I just adore these deer, and the tree. The Dashing Deer stamp set (#147728) and the Detailed Deer Framelits Dies (#147915) both carried over, you should order them too. I know, I'm telling you to buy lots of stuff, but it's all so pretty. I am really happy with how I made the layers here. I used dimensionals to pop up the extra strip of white, and the tree.


This tree from the Winter Woods set is so lovely.


It was important to have this project say Winter to go with the rest of my samplers. I used snowflakes from the Snowflake Sentiments set, it's in the Annual catalog. I stamped them in Versamark ink and embossed them in silver. Then I die cut them out with the Large Letters Framelits.


The Snowflake Elements are not available, but I think a die cut snowflake would work just as well.

I hope this post encourages you to create something wonderful to have for your home that you can enjoy for a long time. If you make one, let me know. I'd love to see what you make.

If you need help shopping, let me know. Our products are available here: audramonk.stampinup.net.

Here are the links to the blog posts for the other season samplers:
Stay Crafty!
Audra










2 comments:

  1. Belle réalisation. Merci pour cette idée. Pourrais tu mettre les 4 ensemble sur ta page blog.
    Bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci! Thank you so much. I have updated the post, adding the links to the other season samplers.

      Delete