Thursday, February 21, 2019

Early Spring Sampler

Hi Crafty Friends!
We've just had another snow event and I'm dreaming of spring. I mean, I like a snow day as well as the next person, but I think I'm done with winter now. I had a good time crafting a little bit of Spring with this month's framed art sampler.


I decided to create out of the boxes for this sampler. And I was very much inspired by this card we made at the Maryland Stampers event.



Here are the measurements for the sampler:

Whisper White project base, 9" x 9"
Balmy Blue, 8 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Berry Burst,  8 1/4" x 8 1/4"
Long rectangle: Whisper White, 2" x 7", Balmy Blue, 2 1/8" x 7 1/8", and Crushed Curry, 2 1/4" x 7 1/4"
The medium rectangles are from our Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies, I used the 3 3/4" long rectangle. It's die cut out of Balmy Blue card stock. Whisper White, 2 1/2" x 3 7/8", and Crushed Curry, 2 5/8" x 4"

I had such a good time putting this all together. I had lots of fun with layers. 
Let's take a closer look at the different elements.

This corner is a celebration of the Stitched Labels Framelits Dies. The sentiment is from the Amazing Life stamp set, as is the little four leaf clover, which I stamped in Momento ink and colored with Old Olive Stampin' Blends. You'll need to fussy cut out the clover.

The little wood flower is from the free SAB Butterfly elements, witch are unfortunately now out of stock. If there are SAB items you are really wanting, I'd place your order now! The project will still look lovely without the wood elements, or perhaps you have some left over from a previous purchase.


I love this middle panel full of four leaf clovers! I even stamped, colored, and cut out two of them to pop up and bring a little more dimension to this panel.


These Butterfly Gala butterflies are so fun (and fingers crossed that the punch will be back in stock soon). To give them lots of dimension, there is a second set of butterflies with dimensionals in between each layer. I added some Silver Thread and Rhinestones. Did you notice the stitched stamped lines in the background? I used them in the other medium rectangle element too.


This element features the Needle & Thread bundle. I used the Stamparatus with the hinge technique to get the back ground lines stamped so nicely.

This last element uses the Foliage Frame Framelits. I used Old Olive and Mossy Meadow card stock. The sentiment is from the Colorful Seasons stamp set.

Look at those layers! Aren't they lovely??

I am super excited to share this project in class next week. Rsvp by Monday the 25th to join the fun. These framed art pieces are great for around the house or as gifts. 
Also available as a finished project or as a To Go kit (no stamped images). Contact me at audramonk@yahoo.com for more info.









No comments:

Post a Comment