Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Valentine Sweet Treat Holders

I've been busy!  Besides making crafty things, I teach yoga and I adore my students.  So I try to give them special little gifts throughout the year.  With Valentine's day quickly approaching, I have been busy making these cute little sweet treat holders.  I really like the new tag topper punch, so I figured out a way to use it to hold two little Dove dark chocolate hearts.



Pretty cute, yes?  I've made 40+ of these, so they needed to be pretty simple and realtively easy to assemble while away from the craft table.
Start with some card stock cut to just under 2"X6 1/2".  I used crumb cake.
Score at 3 & 3 1/2".
Cut some contrasting strips 5 1/2"X1".  I used blushing bride.
Score at 2, 2 1/2, 4 1/2, and 5.



Fold the score lines on the long strip and carefully slide both ends into the tag topper punch and punch.


Fold the score lines on your small strip and seal up with one mini glue dot.

2 mini glue dots attach each side to the outer piece, do these one side at a time for the best results.





The embellishment is the Happy Heart Day stamp from the Tags For You set.  I stamped it in real red and punched it out with the coordinating punch.  Two small hearts in blushing bride CS attached with small bits of dimensionals (save those edges) complete it.  Attach the whole thing with two dimensionals.



Finish off with some coordinating ribbon (5-6 inches, tucked in through the back and looped through). Tuck in two little chocolates and be ready to WOW!


Stay sweet!




No comments:

Post a Comment