Friday, October 2, 2015

Christmas Cards Continue

Hi Crafters!

I'm excited! For all sorts of reasons. I'm having a Christmas Card Stamp A Stack class this Sunday. People are scheduled to come and what was going to be really bad weather, (possible hurricane landing nearish to us, lots of rain and wind were predicted) should now just be an ordinary rainy day inconvenience. I'm happy with all my card designs (some of them have been on this blog already, so look back for more info) and I finally got around to making another video.


Doesn't that look like a nice pile of cards?

Before I show you the video, I want to give you a little more info about the All is Calm, All is Bright card. In the current Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog, there's a suite of products called Winter Wonderland.  I thought the Wonderland stamp set was beautiful. I love trees! For the card, I basically copied the idea from the catalog. But I saw on a crafty site I follow on Facebook a neat idea of lightly sponging a bit of color behind the trees. I gave it a quick try and I love how it came out!


I used Old Olive very lightly for my sponging. I used Mossy Meadow for stamping the trees, I stamped them once fully inked and then a second time, moving the stamp over a bit to give it that dimensional look. The snowflakes are stamped in Soft Sky.

Ok, next up is my video! Just a warning, this is real life crafting at it's best. My table is messy, my big head occasionally gets in the way, but I think you'll learn the technique and that's the important part.



I hope you enjoyed the bit of fun I shared today.
Stay Crafty!



No comments:

Post a Comment