Sunday, October 25, 2015

Halloween Card Fun

Happy almost Halloween. I love holidays! I know lots of people say some of them were invented to just get people to buy stuff, and I am OK with that. We can buy or not buy. But what I like is that it reminds me to let family and friends know that I'm thinking of them. An upcoming holiday gets me motivated to make and send some cards! So here we go with the Halloween edition. Enjoy!


So I started a bit ago with my parquet (I know I'm stuck on this technique, but we're gonna just keep going with it) cards. It's such a cool way to use lots of fun designer series paper. These are cards for my college students and adult friends. The stamps are from the Cheer All Year set.


Here's a close up of some of the seriously cute and spooky DSP. The card base colors reminded me of candy corn, so I had to eat some.


Here's what I came up with on round two. The cute little vampire from the Haunt Ya Later stamp set made an appearance.

For all my littles, I went to town coloring the images from that stamp set. I've seen a lot of recent articles about how coloring is great for adults, playing with your stamps and stamp and write markers is even more fun than adult coloring books, I think.


I stamped the images in black Stazon ink and just had fun coloring.

Here is my group of happy witch cards:


I mean, really! So cute and easy and I'm pretty sure my little niece's will be super happy to get these cards in the mail. For my nephews, I colored up a few vampier boys.


Isn't he cute peeking in the window!?! Here are a few more fun cards:


And just for fun, here's a picture of all the cards I made!


When thinking about getting the cards ready to mail, I thought I should stamp something cute on the envelope. I was going to go with the spider stamp from Cheer All Year, but then I didn't want to scare or startle postal workers and friends all over the country, so I used the owl stamp from Among the Branches instead!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope that I have inspired you to make a card or two and send it out.
Stay Crafty!











No comments:

Post a Comment