Sunday, July 17, 2016

A Waterfall of Wonderful, Remarkable Blog Hop


Welcome to this months Remarkable Blog Hop!


I'm so excited! You ever have ideas in your head and they swim around and turn this way and that and you're like aha! But then you wonder will it work? All of that happened in making this card, but the exciting thing is it worked! On the first try even.

I don't make too many wow cards, but I saw a beautiful card from Sue Vine using the Falling Flowers stamps and coordinating May Flowers Framelits, and I wanted to make something similar. It was a waterfall card, which just a few months ago, I had watched a tutorial from Patty Bennet on how to make one, I'd even cut out four, but I had not done anything with them. So after letting the card brew in my head for a bit, I was ready to get to work.


Isn't it lovely? I used the Fruit Stand DSP for color inspiration. Flirty Flamingo is the card base, it's a 1/4 sheet (5 1/2 x 4 1/4). The flowers are Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, Daffodil Delight, and Tangerine Tango. The leaves are stamped in Pear Pizzazz and Cucumber Crush.

Let's talk about the flowers first. I stamped them in Versa Mark ink and embossed them in white.


Now, for success with lining them up with the framelits and so you don't drive yourself crazy, use the handy dandy tabs that Stampin' Up put there for us.


So when I stamped all the flowers, I stamped them all with the tab at the top (even though it's pretty hard to see them when stamping with the Versa Mark). Just look at your stamp and keep the tab at the top. After they are stamped and embossed, get out your daubers or sponges, and in a quick moment, you'll have some beautiful flowers!


I mean really, it's so fast! Then get them over to your Big Shot and in a few goes, you have a bouquet.


See, this is where the whole pointy tab thing is really important.

Here's a close up of the flowers, so pretty.


To make the tri-fold or waterfall card base, I used a piece of 12 x 12 Whisper White card stock. You score it at 8 inches and 4 inches. Then turn 90 degrees and cut in half at 6 inches. Then at the top and bottom, make a tiny pencil mark 1 inch in. You cut on the diagonal on your Stampin' Trimmer, and voila! You have 4 cards!

To keep things somewhat simple, I stamped the leaves and the greeting right on the white card stock.


Open it up to do this! For the middle section, you need to flip it over.

Then I mounted the card on the card base with some Fast Fuse. I placed my flowers to get an idea of where I wanted them, then I attached them with Glue Dots.


Here's the card open:


So, good luck making one! We'll be making this card in my class today, I hope it goes well and that they love it. Here's a pic of all the cards we're making today.


Have fun and stay crafty!
Audra














17 comments:

  1. Yep, a wow card. Fantastic job. These are fun cards to make and yours turned out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MJ, I was really happy with it and it was great fun to make in my class today.

      Delete
  2. Audra, WOW! Gorgeous Watercolor Card. I love the colors and detail with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mini-tutorial, especially your hand-written notes!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I thought about typing it up or taking pics of pieces, but thought it might be more fun straight from the notebook, glad it is a hit.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful cards Audra! Sorry I missed the class. Thanks for the great tutorial with special hand written notes and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME post with excellent instructions!! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, Judy! I'm glad you liked it and found my directions helpful.

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing that card, love it.Your Discription is very clear.

    ReplyDelete