Friday, February 23, 2018

Early Spring Sampler

Let's celebrate spring!


The star of my project this month is the You're Inspiring stamp stamp set from the 2018 Occasions Catalog. The daffodils are so pretty!

Let's talk measurements (in inches):
Whisper White Base, 9 x 9
Basic Black, 8 1/4 x 8 1/4
Daffodil Delight, 8 x 8
Left rectangle: Basic Black, 2 1/4 x 4 3/4, DSP, 2 x 4 1/2
Two squares: DSP, 2 1/4 x 2 1/4, Whisper White for stamping, 2 x 2
Big square: Basic Black, 4 3/4 x 4 3/4, Basic Black, DSP, 4 1/2 x 4 1/2, Whisper White, 3 1/2 x 3 1/2
Rectangle: Basic Black, 2 1/4 x 4 3/4, Whisper White for stamping, 2 x 4 1/2

Let's take a closer look at each of the elements.


The DSP is the Petal Passion DSP from the 2018 Occasions Catalog. Here I used the Jar of Love set and coordinating framelits from the Annual Catalog. Also some Burlap Ribbon and Black Baker's Twine.


This sentiment from the Bunches of Blossoms set is punched with the Everyday Label punch which carried over from the Holiday Catalog. It's mounted with Stampin' Demensionals onto a Basic Black oval cut with a Stitched Shapes Framelit. The super cute bee is from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits (I know it's a bee! But that's what the fremelits are called). The flower is from the Gardens in Bloom stamp set. Stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black ink and the flower is in Powder Pink. The dots stamped inDaffodil Delight are from the You're Inspiring set.

And now, let's take a look at the daffodils. I stamped them in the Momento ink and colored them with my Stampin' Blends. I'll say the small ones are really small and a bit tricky to color. But I really enjoyed coloring the larger ones.



The leaf stem is die cut in Old Olive from the Petals and More Thinlits. And that ribbon is the Whisper White 1/4 Organza from the Occasions Catalog.


Doesn't it look lovely all framed up? This is a 9 x 9 frame from Ikea. I also have found similar ones from Michael's.


I am very pleased with this month's project. And I am really looking forward to helping people make it in class on February 28, 2018 at 7pm. I do have 2 spots available if you'd like to join us.

If you need help with anything, how to, how to purchase, or want to join us in class, just let me know. I am happy to help you with your crafty needs.

Happy Crafting!
Audra







2 comments:

  1. Hello, Audra, I just found your blog. I am a Stampin' Up! demo, too and I just love all of your samplers! Thank you for some great detailed posts. I love that you don't just do 9 small squares, but that you mix sizes. I'm really enjoying your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brenda! I'm glad that you found my blog and that you like my samplers. I really have fun making them and it feels good when they are appreciated.

      Delete