Wednesday, February 7, 2018

ICS Blog Hop, Epic Celebrations

It's the first Wednesday of the month, that means it's time for the ICS blog hop.
Today we're sharing a color challenge. I paired the color challenge with the SAB freebie, 
Epic Celebrations.


Here is my project:


I stamped the guitar from the Epic Celebrations stamp set, gave it a bit of color with my Night of Navy Stampin' Blends marker and then cut it out with my snips.
But the exciting part, I think, is the background. I saw a card or two with this type of background, so I wanted to give it a try. I punched a bunch of the shapes out with the new Tailored Tag Punch, using the colors from the challenge.


Then I played around till I found a pattern that I liked. Next, I attached them to a piece of card stock. I used snail, but I think next time I'll use the Tombo Liquid adhesive, so I can move them around a bit.


Then I trimmed it down. I put some of the wax paper strips from the mini glue dots to protect my trimmer.


Then I mounted it to a piece of Whisper White and then on a Crumb Cake card base. I added a few fun shapes, a sentiment, and the guitar.


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. 
We have a a lot of great new products in our Occasions catalog and there's all the cool free stuff you can earn with a qualifying purchase in the Sale-A-Bration brochure. 
Check out my website for more info.

For more inspiration, click HERE or the arrow below to see what Karie has to share.


See you soon and stay crafty!











20 comments:

  1. I was so enthralled with your colors that I did the hop just to see what others had done! I'm fortunate to learn under you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bette! And guess what? We're making this card at this month's Just Cards class.

      Delete
  2. The background is amazing! Thank you for sharing your awesome tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Candy. It was fun to make it. Like a puzzle where all the pieces fit.

      Delete
  4. Great card, love the directions too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I anticipate lots of scraps being used to create backgrounds like yours. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun layout. I am digging this stamp set more and more each day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent website you have here, so much cool information!.. Vibrant Yogini

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! This stamp set is really growing on me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! Love the background! One of my fave stamp sets right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card Audra! Love this idea and now I have to get that punch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the background! I just ordered that punch today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great use of the punch! I love when they can be used in more than one way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi friend! I love everything about this card - save it until December! ;) You sold me on the punch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you used the punch shape to make your background.

    ReplyDelete