Thursday, April 25, 2019

It's a Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop, Sentimental Rose

Hi Crafty Friends!
Wow! Can I just say wow! This Paper Pumpkin kit is so wonderful. I love it!! A lot. I love the kit as designed and I think I could stamp and play with the main rose image forever. I'm excited to share my alternative projects with you on this blog hop.


This kit features a Distinktive stamp and let me tell you, it is lovely. 
I was so thrilled to get this kit (I actually don't mind seeing spoilers, it gets me more excited to get mine) that I did a Facebook Live unboxing video.


For my alternative projects, I made a card and a cute little 6x6 inch framed art piece.


Isn't this card the prettiest? I used So Saffron for the card base. The Whisper White card front is 4" x 5 1/4". I stamped the rose image in stamped off Gray Granite all over the paper trying not to overlap the images too much. The flower is stamped in Calypso Coral. I stamped it two times and fussy cut them out. From the second image I just cut out the center, curled the edges with my bone folder, and popped it up with a dimensional. The leaves are stamped in Mint Macron and I cut them out too.

I loved the Calypso Coral rose so much, I made it again but added an extra layer (there are three) for my frame project. The base of this project is 6" x 6" Basic Gray. It's fun to play with the layers. Here, we have Whisper White, 5" x 5" and 4" x 4". The Calypso Coral piece is 4 1/8" x 4 1/8". I used to smallest Stitched Shape square die to cut pieces from the typeset card front.


I love shadow box frames because you can add lots of dimension. You can add Dimensionals to any of the layers you want.

I think this project would make a great gift or it would be fun to keep for myself.


Next month's kit will be amazing too. It's specially designed with Shelli Gardner, co-founder of Stampin' Up. It features vintage nature inspiration. You'll want to subscribe https://www.paperpumpkin.com by May 10th. If you don't have a demo, I'd love for you to pick me.

For more inspiration with April's kit, click on the links below.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Stay Crafty!
Audra










3 comments: